Friday, January 8, 2010

Whats your advice on dealing with a preteen girl?

Sometimes I just feel like ripping my hair out with mine. From the ';you don't understand!'; yells, the slamming door, and the tears, I do not know how to handle her. I know her hormones are out of wack (she got her period at 10), but it's driving me nuts. She is 11.Whats your advice on dealing with a preteen girl?
slamming a door in my house, and say good bye to the door!


You have to put your foot down mom..





And if need be, maybe a little spanking will bring her back to


reality!Whats your advice on dealing with a preteen girl?
All I can think of offhand is don't sink to her level. Remain calm. Don't start yelling when she loses her cool. When she is in a calm state let her know you are there for her but slamming doors is totally unacceptable. Give her space but not too much. Don't let the rules go just to keep peace. Eventually she will come around.
I vividly remember thinking when i was a teen that my mom just was the worst at handling my life and just stunk at listening to me. when it came to rules and what not i thought my mom was a you-know-what. But im off in college right now, and i cant even begin to say how much i took my mom for granted back then. I know i was going through stuff and my mom didnt exactly understand but i apologize to my mom alot because i now realize how awesome she really is.





I pray that your daughter does the same except realizes it earlier. Im going to be a mom in 6 months. And everyone keeps saying ';its going to be a girl'; and i know ill be pullin my hair out one day too then. So i dont exactly know the moms point of view just yet. But i know the daughters. and Im sure that she will one day know what a great mom you are.





i also agree with the other ladies here. Dont let any of your rules go away. Keep them up. Im sure she will call you every name in the book ( like i did) but i know now my mom was just looking out for me and it was all with good intentions.





gosh i need to call my mommy now and tell her i love her.





Hope i helped even just a little
Hmm...im 13 and i can completley understand, i think im just like her, what you need is to give her some space, and she's right parent's dont understand, i dont think that you remember your junior high/middle school years...or in her case elementary....it would help if you asked her if she wanted anything (cup of milk, cookies, stuff like that)


it would help if you would explain the problem!
Going into middle school? Then yea it's the hormones. Maybe she just needs someone to talk to because she's holding in a lot. Ask what's wrong and even if it's the stupidest thing, just be like ';Yea i understand'; or something like that.
Leave her be. Its her becoming a teenager. She'll say some more things like ';I hate you'; and ';i wish i never was your daughter';. But, its just part of being a teenager.





:]
i'm sorry but you have at least 5 more years of this and she has to learn to deal with the hormones her own way


hang in there :|

No comments:

Post a Comment