Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Any advice for a stressed girl starting to plan a wedding?

Ah - so many questions - is it too far to aim for 2009? Next year seems so close! Any advice with any of the planning will help. Thanks so much :)Any advice for a stressed girl starting to plan a wedding?
My wedding is this June, I have been planning since last (2005) October. I say, the people who say ';don't stress'; and ';be happy and excited'; are off their rocker! Not that it isn't a joyful time, but it is EXTREMELY stressful. 2009 is great, here's what I would do:


Talk to your fiance about the basics~where and when, how many, how much





Pick a month that sounds good to you that you're not doing much (not in school, low work load, whatever)





Book appointments and take your fiance to look at halls/reception facilities/churches...whatever your thought was on this





Book the hall (etc.)





Research and look for photo/video in your area. Book both/either





Research DJ's, Book





Talk to a florist, book their services (don't need to pick flowers)





REST!!!





After this has been done, you can take a much-needed breather. Tell people this is your ';wedding-free'; day/week/month. Once you have recovered, do another thing. You'll have the basics, so you can take your time on the rest.Any advice for a stressed girl starting to plan a wedding?
Focus more on the upcoming MARRIAGE...and less on the wedding.


Best wishes:)

Report Abuse



We had a marvelous wedding on a shoestring budget. The day was magic without having to take out a second mortgage. Folks in our church congregation contributed food, we appointed a friend as official photographer. My point is, you don't have to spend oodles of money to make the day special.

Report Abuse



First of all you need to relax already ! the more you can accomplish, the more you will be able to enjoy as the date gets near.. congrats by the way
Planning your wedding should be a happy thing that you look forward to. If you are finding yourself stressed about it, maybe you are aiming to high? Try simplifying your plans. After all, this is your special day. Might as well keep it special and not something that you associate with negative emotions.
Take a deep breath and relax. Next, invent someone that doesn't exist.....ours was ';Al'; whenever nosy relatives, or my Mom would be getting inthe way trying to change things or complaining, we would send them to ';Al';. Go see ';Al';, he's taking care of it. :) LOL Ths way it allowed everyone to be part of our planning, and yet when it became too much, kept them out of our hair. ;)





I would also reccommend taking pictures and measurements of the hall/reception venue that you will be using. It will help you with decorating when you are unable to be in it all the time.
the longer you have to plan the better. do research on things that can be done way in advance and get started on those. you have no need to stress...yet. you are getting a very good start by starting so early. I'll be planning my own wedding soon and I am so excited...bring on the stress, lol. good luck and congrats on your engagement!
You need to take some chill pills. Hun you have 2 years to plan...most brides plan in less than a year. Start thinking about what you want and work off from that. Don't get too histerical or you will never enjoy your big day.





I highly recommend http://www.theknot.com as a good planning site / tool.
My advice - get married sooner rather than later. Who knows what will happen before 2009. And if you're stressed by it already - then scale back, it'll only get worse. You don't have to have 300 people, have 30.
I'm getting married in January of 2008 and it does seem really fast, but no matter what time you pick, the time will go really fast.


1. Chill. The more you stress about it, the more details that will go overlooked and you will regret it.


2. Get a wedding planner/budget book. They help a lot by telling you when you start doing things.


3. Get big things decided ASAP. Reception place, ceremony location, caterer, DJ...


4. Get little things done as time goes on. I am already getting candles and centerpiece items when I see them on sale somewhere and putting them away until wedding time.





Good Luck!
No need to stress. You're doing the first right thing - planning early. There are websites helping you step by step all the things to take care of. Google it and print them out to keep them handy. Keep a portfolio and everything will be alright.
Just relax and enjoy the experience.


I pray that this will be the only marriage You will have and so ,You will want to savor every moment because the memories will last a lifetime and be such a joy for both of You to look back on!
I got engaged in 2005 and my wedding is finally this September. There were a million different times I wanted to move the wedding up because I was just so excited to be getting married. Now, I am so glad I kept the date I did. I have been able to take my time with things and actually think things through when it comes to certain decisions I have to make. I wouldn't be stressed. You have lots of time. I think that's a problem we all have when beginning to plan. We just need to sit back and take a deep breath. Granted, I think I still jumped the gun on some things, but I soon realized that I could take a chill pill because I have time. Do what works best for you.
get a wedding planner service
Just take it one day at a time. It's your wedding, don't get so stressed out over it you can't have any fun on the day.


And this is a little story I read somewhere:





There was once a bride who made 300 little butter hearts for her wedding guests. It took about 6 hours to do, and they all looked perfect. On the day of her wedding, everyone took those little buttler hearts and smeared them all over their dinner rolls.





So its good to have little details perfected, but some things (like little butter hearts) are a little excessive


:)


Best Wishes for your wedding!
Once my fiancee and I set a date, I started keeping a notebook. It has notes in there and keeps me organized.


First, we set a budget and went from there.....also, pick 2 or 3 things that are really important to you (my fiancee and I decided that the food at the reception, the DJ, and the honeymoon were our biggest priorities) and make those the bulk of your budget.





Also, get as much as you can from ebay....I got a lot of stuff from ebay for really good prices...better than I could find anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment