Sunday, December 27, 2009

I just found out we are having a baby girl! Any advice you want to offer?

I just want to hear from Moms and Dads who've raised girls :) Anything you want to say is welcome! I just found out we are having a baby girl! Any advice you want to offer?
Congratulations!





I was going to say exactly what Laura said. If you're planning on more children, buy neutral colors for everything big. The pink stuff was so appealing that it was hard to turn down, but we still got the pack %26amp; play, car seat, stroller, exersaucer, bouncy chair, baby gym and swing in neutral colors. This week, we're going to buy a high chair and it is also a neutral color. You WILL get plenty of girly colors with clothes, blankets, etc. Plus, if you go to resell any of these items on Craigslist or Ebay or anything like that, you'll have a better chance of selling them since they'll appeal to parents of both boys and girls.





Except now we're no longer planning on having more children. LOL! Go figure. I could have gotten all of my pink stuff :)





Little girls are just wonderful. I love mine with all of my heart and you will love yours the same. Plus, there is something really special about a little girl playing with her daddy. My daughter is only 5 months old and they already play so cute together, you can tell she REALLY enjoys when it's time to play with daddy. All I hear are squeals of delight and nonstop laughter from her.I just found out we are having a baby girl! Any advice you want to offer?
Go easy on the Newborn size clothes they grow out of them fast! When you have a baby shower don't write it on the notes but mention to people that you hear so many people get NB sizes at their shower that the baby doesn't even wear all the clothes. LOL that might deter people from buying all newborn clothes...because that's what happened to me..most people just don't even realize it. And from having one boy and one girl you will get WAY more clothes for a girl than a boy.





Also be careful buying too much clothes! haha I have a baby girl and I can't stop buying her clothes I'm afraid she won't wear half of it.
Congrats!! We're still raising our 7 1/2 month old little girl. My only suggestion that I can offer at this point is: If you think you may have another kid in the future (even if there is a hint of a possibility) you may want to steer away from getting the big money items in pink. There are a TON of pink carseats, strollers, pack n' plays, etc out there that will really appeal to you and your little girl. It did for us! Don't get me wrong, its all so cute and matches her perfectly. But as she just outgrew her pink Snugride carseat after 7 months and it was put away, my thought was ';Ohhhh if we have another one, if its a boy, he's gonna have to be quite secure in his manhood with a pink carseat';.





So, something to chew on. Just a suggestion if money may be tight or you plan on re-using things. There's a 50/50 chance a boy could be the next one taking the rides in the pink stroller!





Good luck and again, congrats!!
install another bathroom in your house ! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment