Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1st time girl motorcylcist needs advice on a good motorcycle :)?

I just got my license and I'm looking to buy my very first motorcycle. I had mixed advice on purchasing a new/used motorcycle, buying an expensive bike vs. a cheaper one, or one that has more power vs. easy to ride. I'm looking for a sports bike. Can any experienced motorcyclist help me out. I'm also 5'07 so making sure my feet can touch the floor is no problem.





Please help :)1st time girl motorcylcist needs advice on a good motorcycle :)?
Aight, I've been there before. If this is your first time owning a bike, get a used one. Not only do you not have to worry soo much about laying it down, but it's good to have a bike that's been broken in. You do NOT need an expensive bike...not for a starter one!!! Do not start out with too much power. A lot of power for a new rider WILL result in a lot of problems. I started off with the Yamaha YZF600R. Excellent starter bike and I wouldn't recommend anything else. Comfortable seat, easy to ride, insurance will be low (it is a crotch rocket, but it's considered a sport touring bike), strong steel frame, not too much power (You will be surprised at how much juice she has, though!!!), and I'm 5'4'; and I touch the ground no problem. Please be careful and do not jump on anything bigger than a 600 to start with. Ride about a year or so before going any bigger! I know from personal experience. As you get better, you will build more confidence in yourself. Then you can step up to bigger and better things. I have been riding for a few years and have added more mods to my bike. My favorite: NOS. Hence my name: ThrottleNBottle.1st time girl motorcylcist needs advice on a good motorcycle :)?
I'd go for an old knuckle head with suicide shift. They are lots of fun.
Congratulations on getting your license.





Get an affordable used bike in the 250-600cc range and move up from there. The first bike is the one that you will learn the most on and more then likely this is the one that will be dropped. So start with one that is easy to maneuver and ride. You don't need the 2000cc Yamakawonda Sport Special that can go from 0 to Warp 9 in .2 seconds-not yet anyway.





I don't want to come off as being negative, but my first bike was dropped over and over and tortured by it's idiot teenage owner(me) as it was falling apart all those years ago. It was finally stolen by someone whom I owe a heart felt ';Thank You'; too. That thief more then likely saved my life( if not my savings account).


Ride Safe
a good seconhand cbr600 would be ideal
I recommend taking the MSF course as well. I recommend a Kawasaki Ninja 250 for a good first bike. IT is light and easy to maneuver. It's comfortable, the look of a sportbike, but you're not hunched way over the tank like the bigger crotch rockets. It shifts flawlessly. It doesn't have so much power that it takes off out from underneath of you, but around 7-8000 rpms it starts making more horsepower. It will go fast if you want it too. It's also only about 3400 US dollars for a brand new one. Great for learning and you can always upgrade later. I also recommend a full face helmet, gloves, jacket. You want to be protected as much as possible. Best wishes to you!
Take the MSF Safety class first.


Do not pass go until you do so.


Your size gives you the green lite for ANY bike.


I ride old Harley's and dirt bikes.


My need for speed is useless on the Hog, but if you want looks, a huge group of riders, go for Harley.


If speed is your thing, get a crotch rocket.


They are all fun.


I strongly suggest checking out the local bike shops. Hit the big 4, then start looking at independent shops. Independents will cut you a better deal on used bikes.


Go drink 2.5 beers before you make any decision.
Download the 2006 Patrol Owner's Manual and read how to


operate listed source item. Examine provided photography


this and other sources. Pay attention to off-road and winter


usage in addition to its grocery collection assets. Personally like ability to ferry extra friends? Blind dates? A big dog?
Same scenerio for me too, im looking to buy and i think im going to get a honda cbr600rr, the main thing ppl tell me is to always wear protective gear, helmet, leather, etc.





hoped that helped in some way
why dont' you check out a couple of web based motorbike forums and ask for views there? you're bound to get people passionate about it and can give you good cluey advice.
Not a sport bike,but a very good bike if just starting out is a S40 Suzuki boulevard. It's a 650cc sets low has enough power to keep up with the big boys light weight ,easy to handle and priced reasonable. I bought my wife one to start on for a year and will move her up next year. Sport bikes might have a little too much s- - t to start out on.
Usually I have had a Honda and had minimal repair issues and would recommend trying a 2000 - 2003 750cc Shadow lower seat but comfortable ride. It Looks similar to a Harley Davidson sportster.
I'm looking at the Buell Blast...500 CCs...(you find Buell's at Harley-Davidson Dealers)
Kate,





I think ThrottleNBottle has given you the best answer. Congratulations on getting your license and have lots of fun on the road.





Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment