Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whats the best advice i could give to a 17 year old pregnant girl?

I am just trying to help her. Whats the best advice i could give to a 17 year old pregnant girl?
That she has responsibilities now and has to think for the future.





Also tell her that this child is a blessing ands will come into this world for a reason.





There is nothing to be ashamed of and that she will be the best mother ever.





Just be there Lola...you are a perfect role model and person for her tight now.Whats the best advice i could give to a 17 year old pregnant girl?
thanks Buddy...And i mean it. :)


Tight now? lol damn I couldnt fix the spelling mistake..damn edit..lol

Report Abuse



Tell her to do whatever she thinks is best, and if she decides to go ahead with the pregnancy, then she should talk to someone she trusts about her concerns. Tell her that she has to really think about what she is going to do about the baby, but that she will be supported whichever way she goes. Don't lecture her about it... she will have learnt her lesson. Also, tell her to talk to the boy about it because it is as much his business as hers, but not to be forced into anything by him because she will probably end up looking after the kid more than him and his family. Tell her not to rush her decisions, and that this child won't ';ruin'; her life, whatever anyone says.
Ask her if she's sure she wants to keep it.





She does have a choice and she wouldn't be evil if she chose not to have it. If so, then she needs to act fast I wouldn't advise to abort after 8 weeks.





Otherwise, the only thing you can do, is be there for her when the baby arrives. Everyone concentrates so much on the pregnancy. The first four weeks after the birth are the toughest in terms of life-style change, emotional roller-coaster, pain after the birth and someone so young can feel lonely, isolated from friends. She needs support in caring for the baby and advise on how best to do it.





Be there for her if you can.



My sister was 16 when she got pregnant and although it's been hard for she says she would never be without him (none of us would).





Reassure your friend that whatever she decides you'll be there for her (whether you agree with her decision or not) and that the decision must be her's and no one elses. Maybe find a group in your area that deals with teenage pregnancy and has girls in similiar situations she could talk to. If so, ask her if she would like to go and maybe go with her if she wants you to for that extra support. Don't push her into anything she doesn't want to do.





She must decide on what's best for her, it's a decision that will change her life.
Well, I am 17 and im 10 weeks pregnant. Try not to be too tough on her and talk about all of the downsides too much, i heard it from everyone and to be honest i really didn't listen once my mind was made up.


All you can try to do is show her that you and there and leave the decision making up to her.


I found that i became very angry with people that tried to make the decision for me and i turned my back on them.
I Was 17, when I had my first born.


That was 35 years ago, so you can imagine how in those Days this was a very shameful position to be in.


However I wanted my son so much I Ignored all the scoffs and back biting,and carried on with my pregnancy the best way I knew.


It is surprising how you grow up over night once Tiddly-peep is born.


Unless This young lady needs advice,the best thing you can do,is be supportive of her.


Once Little one has arrived,It is then Good advice is needed,and a lot of Help to ensure Mum gets a break now and then to catch up on Lost Sleep!
I'm 17 and I have a 9 month old little girl. It has been tough and I thought I was going to go crazy for a while, but it's not over. With that said she is the light of my life and is the motivation for everything that I do. Tell her to be strong, don't feel like her life is over, and go on with life. Motherhood is hard, but it comes naturally, as I'm sure any mom would know. My baby girl is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I will be going places, I just have her to keep me company now! =D
Tell her there is worse things in life than being pregnant and to look after herself and ignore all the negativity she will receive until the baby comes.


I had my baby young my mother was dead and I went to a catholic school and 3 other girls in my class adopted their babies out and I kept mine and never regretted it for a minute but I bet those other girls still think of their babies.
All you can do is tell her your be there for her whenever she's needs any help or if she wants to talk and that you won't judge her in anyway and if you get time go to the appointments with her so she's not on her because people do you at young mum's to be and it must make them uncomfortable .
Teach her what you know about parenting. Let her know what to expect. Talk to her about education and how she can get a good job to take care of her child. Tell her about birth control, so that she will not have another one until she is ready.
Seek a doctor to confirm pregnancy and to get under a doctor's care. Then talk about her options adoption, and the raising a baby by her self --a lot to think about. There are so many couples who are waiting for a child.
Listen to her and encourage her to keep going to school even if she keeps the baby. I had my first son at 20 and didn't finish college and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Not my son but the college part.
tell her about ALL the different things she could do, not just the things you agree with. try to work out whats best for her, tell her everyone makes mistakes and its not the end of the world x
I would tell her to get prenatal care and talk to someone she trusts. She has a long road ahead of her and needs to think everything through at this point.
Just assure her your there for her ..That this will change her life in ways she never thought possible :) she will enjoy being a a mummy. And give her heaps of support
Just be there for her basically and just listen ..be a friend and be supportive of her decisions and help her as much as you can x
try this http://www.likeitis.org/teenage_pregnanc鈥?/a>
LOVE LOVE LOVE. xox
That she should have kept her legs shut!
has she asked you for advice? if not don't interfere.


just be there for her if she needs you.
Get rid of it.
  • facebook layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment