Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am a 13 year old girl who loves art and would love to be a photographer any advice?

I like to take pictures of trees and senery and my little baby sister. I love to use black and white and sepia does anyone have other ideas or anything?I am a 13 year old girl who loves art and would love to be a photographer any advice?
I have been a photographer all my life.


I hope to start with you have a digital camera and a multi-media card in it. If you have a computer, pentium - IV, it is still better, because you will then be able to do all editing by yourself.


It appears you like nature and children, - both are excellent subjects.


If you have any photos in your computer, you may send 3 to 4 photos at ' j.srikant@yahoo.co.in '. We will discuss.


The posssibility of B/W or sepia is very easily done on ' picture project ' and ' Photoshop '. I do it all the time.I am a 13 year old girl who loves art and would love to be a photographer any advice?
To be quite honest, get yourself a camera and learn how to use it. Any camera will do. Don't think that because people talk about their $1500 cameras and all the gear they have that you need that to get started. You don't. At this point, you seem to have an interest in it, loving art has little to do with it as you can love art and still suck at being a photographer. What you need to do now is nurture that interest to determine whether there is any point to pursuing the interest any further. When you make that determination, and have done your share of learning, practice, and reading on the subject you will come to know what you need, and not have the need to ask. Personally, I hate it when people [of any age] just ';ask'; how to become a photographer, it's a bit more complicated than that, but still not rocket science either. It's almost like they've done nothing at all to understand what a photographer is and what he or she does. Being, or calling yourself a photographer is more than simply knowing what type and brand of camera you need to buy, or what lens is best for portraits. When you set and understand the goals you wish to achieve, you'll figure out which tools are necessary to accomplish them. In the meantime, get a reasonably priced point and shoot digi-cam, and take pictures of whatever you wish to capture. Go to the book store or the library, make a B-line to the photography/arts section and read up, there are hundreds of books on the subject.
My love for photography grew when I bought a 35mm camera...it was old and cheap from a camera store. Everyone has a digital camera these days and can take snap shots but having to work with film makes you really think about your shots. I also took every class I could....at school and at my community center for the arts. I also suggest photo.net just looking around on that site inspires me plus they have all kinds of tutorials for all levels. If your serious really dive in...go for it, take lots of pictures from every angle you can imagine you will learn so much from practicing. Also I look around at photographer websites a lot..I get a lot of idea. Good luck
If you're serious about becoming a photographer, maybe contact some the local photography businesses in your area and see if they would be interested in having an intern/assistant. It's a great way to learn photography from a professional, mind you you'll 'prolly be doing a lot of their crap work (ie. moving lights, props, etc). But it's a great way to learn!





You being so young, you might have to check out what the child labor laws are in your state.
Since your 13 you should take your camera with you and take pictures of anything and start making a portfolio, most employees hiring photographers ask to see pictures that they have taken. To improve your skills you should take photojournalism class in high school and get involved with the yearbook. And remember when shooting pictures get creative and shoot from different angles.
One thing I've learned even though I love b%26amp;w pics... don't take ur pics in b%26amp;w... i could kick myself for all the times I used b%26amp;w and limited myself from being able to choose between color or b%26amp;w for the print later. that was before I went digital...
Adobe Photoshop.
Spring is here and Summer will be soon--if you go on a holiday with your family, bring the camera with you. Make it a ';postcard holiday';.

No comments:

Post a Comment