Friday, April 30, 2010

Do you think I should use electrical advice from a 16-year-old girl on Yahoo Answers?

Most of her other answers are about dating but she did write a good 3 paragraphs and really seemed to know what she was talking about.Do you think I should use electrical advice from a 16-year-old girl on Yahoo Answers?
Hi,





I would have to consider it carefully, but if you would like to send me the question I will read it very carefully and give you an honest answer.Hope to help.Do you think I should use electrical advice from a 16-year-old girl on Yahoo Answers?
If you own a home and want to learn the proper techniques for troubleshooting electrical problems I would suggest you buy a comprehensive book from Lowe's or Home Depot. It will more than pay for itself. I read many responses that sound convincing but are totally wrong for the question that was asked. I'm not saying this is the case with the 16 year old, but if you really want to be sure, do the research yourself.
If her advice was to get professional help then follow her advice.Other than that, I do not ask electrical questions on this site. For that matter, I usually advise everyone to get qualified professional electricians for all of the work, except resetting something.
first off, i agree with JakFlak...... my personal quote that i use religiously is...... ';Advice is worth what you pay for it';....





not to be glib, as we are all here looking for help with something that we are doing to our homes...... as for me? i answer questions while i am looking for suggestions and answers pertaining to my 1927 home...... MAN did they do things different back then....... and i have gotten good advice, advice from people obviously trying to make ';points'; and then..... REALLY BAD ADVICE that sounded right at first.....





HANG WITH ME! I AM ENDING SOON! take your question and the answer you got that sounds logical to your local Lowes, Home Depot or True Value and ask them if it makes sense....... I use all 3 for ';consultants'; and in general, they ALL LOVE a good challenge, but wont steer you wrong or into a dangerous situation...... they might not suggest it to you, but they will sure as heck stop you from doing something dangerous! and they are FREE!






Any question that contains the words ';Should I';, ';electrical advice'; and ';Yahoo!'; gets a firm answer of no.
Maybe she and her dad or mom share an account?

No comments:

Post a Comment