Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Help! Please advice me on a ';girl'; Color I can Add to this nursery theme?

We tought it was a little boy but ';it was a girl'; I need to make her nursey more femenine. This is our them: http://www.babygiftusa.com/gljebabese2.html


As you can see not very girl like. What can I do?Help! Please advice me on a ';girl'; Color I can Add to this nursery theme?
How about a cute, personalized sign for your daughter that accents the d茅cor? Check out the ';Safari Adventures'; sign on the third page under ';Personalized Art'; on http://www.mysweetandsour.comHelp! Please advice me on a ';girl'; Color I can Add to this nursery theme?
uh purple like light shade or pastels
I wouldn't look at it from a girl vs boy perspective. That is something people learn and your infant will not care whether objects are pink, blue, yellow or sage.





What is important is that there are different colors and shapes to stimulate her.





It would even be good to change patterns and what not on the walls every couple of months.





Some quick facts which may help:





A new born's vision is about 20/600


by 6 months it's 20/100


by 12months it's about 20/20





This means large objects with distinct shapes and patterns are better. Your face will be fuzzy to her for some time and she soon get more detail. So outlines are important.





Initially babies can only distinguish red and green (so include these specifically ). After 2 months they have normal color perception. And because they have seen red and green for most of their life at that point they will be more interested in other colors. Meaning they will spend less time looking at red and green than other colors. So it could help to change some colors in the room at this point or replace some of the red and green objects with different colored objects.
I would personally let it alone but add some hats around, girly hats with ruffles, a giraffe one, a monkey one, all in different colors. Or buy the animals and put hats on them. Best of luck, Mom.
light light like faded green or yellow
a more girly color like pink or purple wud be good











good luck with your baby
oh my gosh!


i love it.


add red maybe?


that's kind of girly.





oh man. i want my kid to have a safari nursery.
The obvious choice for a girl is pink. But i would go for a nice light/grass green. Green is a calming colour. Make sure there is not too much red in the room as this can make babbies restless.
I love the beige/tan colors Just add any yellows and pinks and it will be wonderful.
I agree with An-ya...it looks fine....at leat it's not football or baseball themed....maybe add some emerald green or deep red to add splashed of color...but I think the animal theme will be fine...





I have friends w/5 kids...3 boys and 2 girls...and they did Africa Themes throughout all 5 kids, because they love Africa, and the safari theme....It is adorable the way it is....
lavender would look good with that


or a baby pink


those are feminine


maybe even yellow?
i think xoxo iz right but the best with that room would be yellow its up 2 u good luck and tell me wut color u pick OK?
i can't open the link....er..





suggest you a baby room pictures site for your ref:


http://www.decor-photos.com/or/Girlsroom鈥?/a>





and, the best color for baby is yellow and red. they're more senssitive to these two colors.
I think it is gender neutral- not girl or boy- which is a good idea so you could use it for a second child later on.





I'd paint the walls a light green.
i think its fine how it is...
  • facebook layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment